Friday, November 29, 2019
The saga continues
Radiators are up and running--usually comes on, at least for now, once or twice a night, when the house temp gets down to about 61 deg. The bonus of that is the wood in the stoves is less apt to burn up totally, even after 8 hours. I'm learning a lot about heat and how wood stoves are affected by the room temps. Be interesting to see what happens when it gets below zero (which the way things are going could be any minute.)
Saw an article about Yankee Magazine, and what has happened to it since it went "big time". Orignally, as some of you know, it was a small magazine geared not toward the tourists, necessarily, but toward the 'locals' in Maine, NH, Vermont. Yankee humor, at its finest. And good poetry edited by Jean Burden. The hight point for me was finally getting into the magazine, in the last issue before it became a Yankee version of NH Profiles. In the heyday of the original magazine it sold about 3million copies a month. Recently that total was down to several hundred thousand. I'd say it's losing its base readership.
Finished the four curtains for the bedroom; I was looking for something I had that would use up some old fabric, but not have to skimp--and I found a lightly used sheet set which I had never liked all that much, and the elastic on the bottom sheet had just died. amazingly there was enough sheeting in that for four pairs of curtains, and enough stray white fabric for lining them. Should make the room warmer when the wind blows. yessir.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment